Rick Castillo, PE, SE, MSEE
Solar Industry Expert & Thought Leader
Rick Castillo, PE, SE, MSEE is the president and principal of Castillo Engineering, one of the most
experienced solar and energy storage engineering firms in the country with over 850MW worth of projects to date.
Mr. Castillo has over thirty-five years of industry experience and began his career with the United States DoD (Navy) as a rocket scientist, designing racking systems engineered to withstand 10G forces for military cargo planes.
Mr. Castillo entered into the solar industry in 1998, engineering domestic water heaters and residential
PV systems. In 2008, he was the engineer of record for the very first 1MW rooftop installation in the Southeastern United States. Mr. Castillo leads the company’s engineering and consulting divisions. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering (BSAE) from the University of Florida, a Masters in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) from the University of Central Florida and is a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) and Structural Engineer (SE).
Mr. Castillo is a sitting board member of Solar Energy Industry Association (Florida).
Associations and Memberships
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Concrete Institute
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- Consulting Engineers Society
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- National Council of Engineering Examiners
- Structural Engineering Certification Board
- MBE Certified
- DBE Certified, Greater Orlando Aviation Authority