We are hiring
Do you have what it takes to join our award-winning team of solar engineering experts? Submit your application for our current openings. Castillo Engineering offers competitive compensation, benefits, and a friendly work environment.
Castillo Engineering maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Professional Engineer (PE) Career Development Program | Full Time
Located in beautiful, sunny, Orlando Florida, Castillo Engineering (www.castillope.com) is one of the most experienced Professional Engineering firms in the United States specializing in Photovoltaics, and is seeking full time Solar Engineers interested in entering into our Professional Engineer (PE) Career Development Program.
The Professional Engineer (PE) Career Development Program
We support your every step. Whether you’re honing your skills or have your eyes on advancement and/or obtaining your Professional Engineering (PE) license, we offer training and development that will make a difference. You’ll do more than just learn the essentials to master your role – you’ll learn how we engineer the country’s most state-of-the-art PV systems. You’ll also see our values in action, and apply them to every part of your job.
We reward our employees based on their performance. That means the more you put into your job, the more you’ll get out of it. You’ll spend each day working alongside some of the best in the industry. We’re constantly learning from each other and passing along that knowledge. To ensure you’re always developing, we offer a variety of educational options as well, from formal classroom settings to on-the-job training and mentorship opportunities. Here, the learning never stops.
Our Solar Engineers are responsible for all aspects of residential, commercial and utility-scale PV system design. The appointees will be a part of the engineering team and will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Castillo Engineering is a fast-paced design firm with the industry’s leading turnaround time. The candidate must poses excellent organizational & time management skills in order to manage large volumes of projects, meet deadlines, whilst not compromising attention-to-detail.
In addition, the appointee will have daily interactions with customers and building officials and thus, will be responsible for maintaining effective communication of the project requirements in order to facilitate all deliverables in a 5-Star customer experience manner.
Proficient CAD experience is mandatory. Advanced NEC understanding is a plus! We hire self-motivated, career orientated, driven teammates, eager to make a name for themselves and aspire to work towards pay-raises, promotions and leadership roles.
- Drafting of PV system designs (CAD)
- Engineering calculations
- Project tracking & management
- Revision control
- Build and update templates, excel calculators, and design tools
- Prompt response to emails and phone calls
- Maintain 5-Star customer service
- Multi-tasking many action items, projects, and under tight deadlines
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (required)
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (strongly preferred)
- 6+ months of internship/co-op experience in PV designing (required)
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Capacity to manage large volumes of projects.
- Strong detail-orientation and proofreading skills; attention-to-detail is a must.
- Superior communication skills, both verbally and written, with customers, manufacturers, building officials and teammates.
- Advanced understanding in NEC and other building codes.
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, etc.
- Natural ability work in a team environment as well as independently
Work Location and Status:
- Longwood, FL
- Visa sponsorship available
- Compensation based on experience.
- Job Type: Full-time
How to apply?
- Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com